Choquequirao Trek 4 Days
This activity includes the appropriate protective measures to ensure your safety. In addition, our excursions are carried out in the open air and in small groups to reduce the risk of contagion. Remember to follow the instructions of the staff during the development of the tour.
The Tour to Choquequirao trek 4 days and is known as the "sacred sister" of Machupicchu due to its structural and architectural similarity.
They are the ruins of an Inca city located between the snowy Salkantay, the archaeological remains of Choquequirao are formed by buildings and terraces distributed in different levels.
What's Included in Choquequirao Trek 4 Days
- Pre-departure briefing
- up from your hotel in the morning and transfer in private transport to Cachora, starting point of the walk.
- Entrance to Choquequirao for visitors and agency staff
- One inflatable mattress per person
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- Professional and official tourism guide.
- groups of more than 8 people
- Chef and kitchen equipment
- Loading animals (to carry tents, food and kitchen equipment)
- animals to carry personal equipment up to a maximum of 9 kg per person (including mattress and sleeping bag).
- 1 emergency horse every 6 people
- X3 Breakfast X4 Lunch X3 Dinner
- 24-hour Guest Service: ask for the emergency number available during your visit.
- Private transportation from Cachora to Cusco, including transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
- First aid kit with emergency oxygen bottle
- Breakfast on the first day.
- Lunch on the last day.
- Tips for staff: guide, cook, operator (depending on their job)
- Sleeping bags
- Entries to the thermal baths of Conoc ( USD 5,00)
- Walking poles
What to expect
day 1: Cusco – Cachora – chikisca | Choquequiro Trek
The Choquequirao tour starts in Cusco. We will leave Cusco at 5:30 AM until Cachora (3200 m.a.s.l.), where we will have a brief rest. At approximately 10:00 A.M. we will go to Capuliyoc, where we will be able to appreciate a majestic panorama towards the Apurimac Valley. Here, we will be able to find beautiful horses and it will also be where our "pilgrimage" will begin, but not without first sleeping.
day 2: Chiquisca - Rosalina Beach - Sunchupata
In the morning, after a good breakfast, we will continue with our destiny that in case also we will have to pass the beautiful river of Apurimac (this in an ANDARIVEL), from there it will have an excellent view of the river to not but of 3 meters, on this we will walk during 3 to 4 hours until arriving at Marampata (2800 m.s.n.m.), later we will go towards Sunchupata where we will have our camp and dinner.
day 3: Sunchupata - Choquequirao - Chiquisqa
Very early after breakfast we go to Choquequirao to appreciate the sunrise, visit the citadel for three hours always accompanied by the guide who accurately explained about this important Inca refuge and the importance of the rivers Apurimac and Rio Blanco and we can also appreciate the mountain range of Vilcabamba, after the guided tour we begin the return to Sunchupata and descend to Santa Rosa, then descend to the beach Rosalina, then we go to the town of Chiquisqa here we camp here we will explain about this important Inca refuge and the importance of the rivers Apurimac and Rio Blanco and also appreciate the mountain range of Vilcabamba, after the guided tour we begin the return to Sunchupata and descend to Santa Rosa, then descend to the beach Rosalina, then we go to the town of Chiquisqa here we will camp here. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
day 4: Chiquisqa - Capuliyoc - Cachora
After a fortifying breakfast in Chiquisqa (06:00 AM) we return by the same way until arriving at the pass of Capuliyoc and from here it is two hours more until the locality of Cachora this is a much smoother stretch and we will be arriving 12:00 m aprox., in the way we will appreciate the exotic flora and fauna of the place, as well as views of imposing snow-capped mountains and the impressive canyon of the Apurimac. and to continue then to the city of Cusco. Arriving in the afternoon at the hotel.
|Starts||El Punto de partida Se le enviara al Correo|
What to Bring to Choquequirao Trek 4 Days
- Clothes to avoid the cold (for the first day of the trip)
- Sportswear (02 pair each).
- Trekking shoes.
- Hat or cap.
- Solar blocker
- Personal medical kit / supplies
- Rain jacket or poncho/according to the season.
- Money extra.
- Standard travel backpack.
- Original passport or identity card.
- Water bottle - minimum 2 liters or plastic bottle.
- Rain gear - jacket + trousers or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Flashlight / headlight
- Extra money for snacks, water and energy drinks to buy on the road.