Description Salkantay Trek 5 Days
The Salkantay trek is considered a sacred mountain since the time of the Inkas. In this trip we will appreciate closely its imposing glacial walls. We will visit the Humantay Lake and with an impressive view of the Salkantay snow-capped mountain, this wonderful trip will give us the opportunity to live together and learn more about its culture and daily way of life.
Cusco - Challacancha - Soraypampa (16 km on foot, 6 hours).
Salkantay trek Begins in cusco . Departure 5:00 am we leave Cusco passing by the towns of Izcuchaca and Limatambo arriving at Mollepata where we will be approximately at 7:00 AM, there we will have time to have breakfast or buy something, then continue to Soraypampa where we will have our first lunch, and then be able to make a two-hour walk to the Humantay Lake and then return to Soraypampa, where we will camp and spend our first night.
Soraypampa - Abra Salkantay - Chaullay (22 km on foot, 10 hours)..
At 7:00 am we will start to taste a delicious breakfast and then continue with our walk, having a climb of 3 hrs approximately, to reach the highest point 4600 m.s.m. there we can appreciate the Salkantay mountain in all its splendor, then continue our walk with a descent that will take us a time of 2 hrs approx. Until arriving to Huayracpampa, place where we will have our lunch, then we will take again the walk entering to the landscape of forest brow, in this stretch we will appreciate formations of the rivers that later become tributaries of the Urubamba river, variety of Orchids and diverse plants, we will arrive until Chaullay, place where we will camp and we will spend the second night..
Chaullay - Santa Teresa (11 km on foot, 5 hours).
Continuing our walk after a comforting breakfast we will begin our walk appreciating a variety of coca crops, considered the sacred leaf of our ancestors which grows in tropical areas, likewise we can appreciate plantations, granadilla (Inca fruit), abocado, etc.. Until arriving at Playa, where we will take our lunch, then we will take a bus that will lead us to the town of Santa Teresa, which has thermal waters, in which we will take a refreshing bath and spend the third night.
Santa Teresa - Aguas Calientes (16 km on foot, 6 hours).
The dawn will be with a comforting breakfast, we will continue our trip with direction to Machupicchu town, to arrive at this town will take us an approximate time of 6 hours aprox. Having stops in some places to appreciate the landscape with impressive falls which come from the glaciers, arriving at Hydroelectric where we will have our lunch, in the afternoon we will continue our walk until arriving at the town of "hot waters", there we will lodge in a lodging where we will spend the night at the foot of the Inca citadel of Machupicchu.
Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco.
In the early morning around 4.30 in the morning we will ascend walking towards the majestic Inca city of Machupicchu where we will visit accompanied by our guide an approximate of 2 hrs, and the rest of the day free, in which you can visit Huayna picchu, Inti punku, temple of the moon or simply visit once more the whole citadel, and in the afternoon we will return walking to the town of Aguas calientes depending on the schedule of our return train which we will make known once you book your trip with our company. There we will board the return train to Ollantaytambo where the transfer will be waiting for you to embark on the return transport to Cusco.
- Pick up at the hotel / hostal.
- Bus transportation.
- Professional guide
- All meals
- Entrance to Machu Picchu.
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- First aid
- 5 Kilos per person
- 3 Nights in camp 1 Night in hostel
- Entrance to Salkantay Mountain
- Train Expedition Ticket To Ollantaytambo
- Breakfast on the first day.
- Lunch on the last day.
- Aperitifs and garnishes.
- Water in bottles.
- Santa Teresa Hot Springs ( USD 10.00) ( Available As extra).
- Sleeping Bag ( USD 20,00 )( Available As extra)
- Bus up to Machupicchu ( USD 12,00 )( Available As extra).
- Train From Hydro Electric To Aguas Calientes ( USD 40.00) ( Available As extra).
- Machu Picchu Mountain( USD 20.00) ( Available As extra).
- Train First Class to Ollantaytambo ( USD 30.00) ( Available As extra).
Languages in which the tour is offered
- The driver knows the area and speaks very basic English. .
What to Bring?
When preparing your luggage, remember that the rainy season in Machu Picchu is from December to March. The winter, between May and August, is especially cold, that's why we recommend you take:
- Clothing to avoid cold
- Sportswear (01 pair each).
- Trekking shoes.
- Hat or cap.
- Rain jacket or poncho/according to the season.
- Money extra.
- Standard travel backpack.
- Original passport or identity card.
- To have a guaranteed place on the tour please book at least 3 days in advance due to high demand in the high season.
- After booking, please reply to our email about tour details, food preferences and more.
- You will receive a 100% refund if you cancel the Salkantay tour up to 15 days before.
- You will receive a 50% refund if you cancel the Salkantay tour up to 10 days before.
- If you booked with one of the Machu Picchu mountains (You will not be able to receive a refund of the additional amount paid since the Machu Picchu mountains are booked in advance and there is no refund).
Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
this activity is a group tour, we will pick up the first person at 4:00 am and the last person at 4:40 am, please be ready in your hotel lobby at 4:00 am and our guide has time to spend. until 4:40 am.