Inka Trail to Machu Picchu 2 days
: The most legendary trekking route in Latin America: a 500-year road to Machu Picchu. It will allow you to reach Machu Picchu through the Sun Gate (Inti Punku). During the walk you will enjoy a unique atmosphere and our steps will take you, among other places, to the Archaeological Zone of Wiñaywayna The next morning, one of the most magical moments of the planet awaits you: see the sunrise in Machu Picchu .Then you will take a guided tour of the archaeological ruins.
Cusco - Km. 104 - Aguas Calientes
Inka Trail to Machu Picchu It starts at your hotel, where it will be picked up around 4:30 a.m. From your hotel, you will travel from 1 to 1.5 hours to Ollantaytambo, where we will take the Train up KM 104 "Chachabamba" our starting point you will be given your respective box lunch.
At the point of departure, you must show your Ticket for the Inca Trail, your original passport, then we will start with the Inca trail trek from 3.5 to 4 hours to Wiñayhuayna, where we will enjoy our box lunch.
After lunch, we will continue our trek to Machu Picchu and appreciate the beautiful sunset over the Inti Punku (door of the sun) after this unforgettable experience we will descend until we reach the town of Aguas Calientes. where we will spend the night. We will have dinner and have time to rest, walk through Aguas Calientes or, optionally, visit the famous thermal baths of the city
Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu - Cusco
We got up very early and had breakfast at the hotel. Then, we can choose between uploading toMachu Picchu on foot or by bus. Once in Machu Picchu we can appreciate the impressive scene of the sunrise over the ancient ruins.
Then, we will enjoy a guided tour of two hours through the archaeological zone, where we will learn about the secrets and history of this fascinating place. After the guided tour to Machu Picchu, We will have enough time to enjoy it on our own until we take the bus back to Aguas Calientes.
In Aguas Calientes we can also have lunch before taking the train back to Ollantaytambo. The train trip that will take us to Ollantaytambo takes about an hour and a half. Once we arrive at the train station in Ollantaytambo, a minibus will be waiting for us to take us safely to the center of Cusco.
- Entrance to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- Informative talk from the guide the night before the trip .
- Transfers Hotel / Train Station (Cusco - Ollantaytambo)
- Round trip train ticket (Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo)
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo station - Cusco.
- Professional guide (Spanish / English).
- Meals and overnight accommodation in Machu Picchu (Aguas Calientes).
- Round trip bus to Machu Picchu on the second day of the tour.
- Admission to the thermal baths in Aguas Calientes.
- Additional bus ticket
- The first breakfast and the last meal.
- personal hygiene products
- Mountain of Machu Picchu (additional) ( USD 20,00 ) ( Available As an extra )
- Vistadome / 360º train (from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo, first class) (additional) ( USD 30,00 ) ( Available as an extra)
Languages in which the tour is offered
- The driver knows the area and speaks very basic English.
What to bring?
Aguas Calientes is 1000 meters lower than Cusco and the climate varies according to the time of year, especially during the rainy season. As it is a variable climate we recommend taking:
- mosquito repellent
- Bottled Waters
- Extra money
- Bathing suit and towel (for the hot springs of Aguas Calientes) .
- Medications to avoid altitude sickness (in case they consider it necessary) .
Train schedule may vary depending on availability. Once the reservation is made, we can confirm the exact train schedules.
You can cancel the 90% payment up to 15 days before the tour begins. You will be charged the full price if you cancel within 15 days before the tour begins or in case of no-show .