Description Choquequirao trek 4 Days
The Tour to Choquequirao trek 4 days and is known as the "sacred sister" of Machupicchu due to its structural and architectural similarity. they are the ruins of an Inca city located between the snowy Salkantay, the archaeological remains of Choquequirao are formed by buildings and terraces distributed in different levels.
Cusco – Cachora – chikisca | Choquequiro Trek
Choquequirao trek begins in cusco. We will leave Cusco (3350m/10991f) approximately at 5:30 am. First, we will head for the village Cachora choquequirao cachorara (2850m/9350f) to meet our horsemen and the mules that will carry all the camping equipment during the expedition. Thereafter, we will continue our journey towards the pass of Capuliyoc (2800m/9186f). The trek offers a beautiful view of the mythical mountain Padreyoc, of the deep canyon and of the river Apurímac, meaning “speaking river”. Thereupon, we will descend towards the canyon’s interior named Chiquisca (1950m), where we will spend the night.
Chiquisca - Rosalina Beach - Sunchupata
After breakfast (5:00 AM), we will continue our walk towards Rosalina beach (1550 m.a.s.l.), then climb the slope towards Santa Rosa (2100 m.a.s.l.) place of our lunch, this journey is the most arduous, then we ascend to Maranpata (2850 m.a.s.).n.m), this is a gentler climb, during this journey you will appreciate all the way of the first day and the vegetation that exists in this place then we will travel a straight stretch in the direction of Sunchupata, here we will have our dinner and camp, from this point is an hour to Choquequirao. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
Sunchupata - Choquequirao - Chiquisqa
Very early after breakfast we go to Choquequirao to appreciate the sunrise, visit the citadel for three hours always accompanied by the guide who accurately explained about this important Inca refuge and the importance of the rivers Apurimac and Rio Blanco and we can also appreciate the mountain range of Vilcabamba, after the guided tour we begin the return to Sunchupata and descend to Santa Rosa, then descend to the beach Rosalina, then we go to the town of Chiquisqa here we camp here we will explain about this important Inca refuge and the importance of the rivers Apurimac and Rio Blanco and also appreciate the mountain range of Vilcabamba, after the guided tour we begin the return to Sunchupata and descend to Santa Rosa, then descend to the beach Rosalina, then we go to the town of Chiquisqa here we will camp here. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner).
Chiquisqa - Capuliyoc - Cachora
After a fortifying breakfast in Chiquisqa (06:00 AM) we return by the same way until arriving at the pass of Capuliyoc and from here it is two hours more until the locality of Cachora this is a much smoother stretch and we will be arriving 12:00 m aprox., in the way we will appreciate the exotic flora and fauna of the place, as well as views of imposing snow-capped mountains and the impressive canyon of the Apurimac. and to continue then to the city of Cusco. Arriving in the afternoon at the hotel.
Included in the Tour
- Pre-departure briefing
- up from your hotel in the morning and transfer in private transport to Cachora, starting point of the walk.
- Entrance to Choquequirao for visitors and agency staff
- One inflatable mattress per person
- Dining tent with tables and chairs
- Professional and official tourism guide.
- groups of more than 8 people
- Chef and kitchen equipment
- Loading animals (to carry tents, food and kitchen equipment)
- animals to carry personal equipment up to a maximum of 9 kg per person (including mattress and sleeping bag).
- 1 emergency horse every 6 people
- X3 Breakfast X4 Lunch X3 Dinner
- 24-hour Guest Service: ask for the emergency number available during your visit.
- Private transportation from Cachora to Cusco, including transfer to your hotel in Cusco.
- First aid kit with emergency oxygen bottle
- Breakfast on the first day.
- Lunch on the last day.
- Tips for staff: guide, cook, operator (depending on their job)
- Sleeping bags ( USD 20.00) ( Available As extra).
- Entries to the thermal baths of Conoc ( USD 5,00)
- Walking poles ( USD 15.00) ( Available As extra).
Languages in which the tour is offered
- The driver knows the area and speaks very basic English. .
What To Bring ?
When preparing your luggage, remember that the rainy season at Machu Picchu is from December to March. The winter, between May and August, that's why we recommend that you take with you:
- Clothes to avoid the cold (for the first day of the trip)
- Sportswear (02 pair each).
- Trekking shoes.
- Hat or cap.
- Solar blocker
- Personal medical kit / supplies
- Rain jacket or poncho/according to the season.
- Money extra.
- Standard travel backpack.
- Original passport or identity card.
- Water bottle - minimum 2 liters or plastic bottle.
- Rain gear - jacket + trousers or rain poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco)
- Flashlight / headlight
- Extra money for snacks, water and energy drinks to buy on the road.
Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
this activity is a group tour, we will pick up the first person at 5:30 am and the last person at 6:00 am, please be ready in the lobby of your hotel at 5:30 am and our guide has time to spend. until 6:00 am